WWW Virtual Library: Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
Science: Earth Science: Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
Welcome to the World Wide Web Virtual Library: Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography. The WWW Virtual Library is the Web's oldest and original index, founded by Tim Berners-Lee, now maintained and updated by Harunur Rashid. In the spirit of the original Web, it always welcome suggestions from the browsee as a public service.
Sites on the World Wide Web
- Arizona Phanerozoic Climates Research Project
- Brown University Earth System History
- Byrd Polar Research Center. Also, Ice Core Group.
- Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
- School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech.
- Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences, Cal Tech.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography, La Jolla
- Colby College Quaternary page
- Database & Atlas of Palaeovegetation
- Quaternary Palaeoenvironments Group, Cambridge University
- University of Bremen Paleocenography
- Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, Univ. of Arizona Including tree ring links.
- Palaeoceanography Group. Godwin Laboratory, Cambridge.
- Quaternary Isotope Lab at Univ. of Washington. Includes the downloadable Stuiver & Reimer C14 calibration program.
- Quaternary Research Center at Univ. of Washington.
- Rafter Radiocarbon Laboratory at the Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences, New Zealand
- Univ. of Arizona Accelerator Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Cardiff University Earth and Ocean Sciences
- Univ. of London, Royal Holloway, Department of Geography, including Centre for Quaternary Research, and geochronology lab.
- Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research
- Univ. of Maine Stable Isotope Laboratory
- Univ. of Mass. Climate System Research Center.
- Univ. of Rhode Island. Graduate School of Oceanography.
Experiment or Project
- AGU, American Geophysical Union
- ASLO, Advancing the science of limnology and oceanography
- GSA, Geological Society of America
- EGU, European Geosciences Union
- Quaternary Research Association is an organisation comprising archaeologists, botanists, civil engineers, geographers, geologists, soil scientists, zoologists and others interested in research into the problems of the Quaternary.
Tutorials and FAQs
US Government Institutions
Search the WWW
The following search engines produce, in my opinion, the best quality "hits" on scientific subjects.
Part of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
See <HEAD> section for Dublin Core Metadata
Send corrections and contributions to the maintainer, Harunur Rashid
Last updated: Monday May 31 2010
Copyright ©Harunur Rashid, 2010